Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ontario election thoughts

So I don't want to say much about the Ontario election - and certainly nothing that could be construed as partisan. But there are a few safe thoughts I feel I can appropriately share:

1. On the MMP referendum: I predicted it wouldn't pass, and it didn't. But then, who didn't. Everyone knew it wouldnt pass.  A lot of people argue a lot of reasons why that is but here's how I see it - people are good at bottom lining. they thought like this: "so if I vote for this who benefits? oh. that's not who I support." vote against. Sorry NDP and Green Party.

2. On the election itself - ... hmmm... on second thought... nah. Better not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You say "Sorry NDP and Green Party," yet it is the Tories who would have benefited the most from a form of PR in this election.

For example, they got more votes than the NDP in Toronto, but nary a seat.