Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Cicero - Alive and Busy

Hey all,

I am gratified to have received several emails and messages asking me to hurry up and update. Thanks for giving a hoot! I appreciate it. (I should also acknowledge the overprotective person who thinks blogs are "ridiculous", "adolescent" and predicts that this is "going to get me in trouble", I suppose. But sorry, this happy civil servant wants an expressive outlet and this, dear friends, is it - at least for now. ;-) )

The blog is my hobby and, always, work comes first - and right now work is requiring me to stare at a lot of regulations - and I'm putting my focus there. That having been said, I promise never to be gone too long and to announce it if this blog is ever going to end. I won't let it trickle away with a whimper. I also plan on spacing out big rants so don't expect a big one every day - even Cory MacDonald is only so opinionated. Nevetheless, I'll be keeping the short links coming regularly with bigger (imPropErly CapitaLized) rants coming whenever I have a bee in my bonnet - which should still be a VERY regular occurence.

Tonight, time permitting, I'm going to geekily live blog during George W. Bush's State of the Union Address. My prediction (though not only mine): Lots of focus on domestic policy, a shift leftwards and even a renewed commitment to combatting global warming but won't say the word Kyoto. He will acknowledge that Iraq is a struggle and try to appear humble while still being firm.

Finally, I predict camera shots of Hillary Clinton not clapping.

Yes. I am aware that all of these predictions are equivalent to predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow.

For those of you with more beer than common sense I give you: The State of the Union Drinking Game. PLEASE be careful, drink responsibly, and remember that this is a speech by the most unpopular President since Nixon. For some of you that means you need to factor in an increased stomach contents regurgitation potential percentage of at least 30%. For the few George W. fans still left out there, its cool. I figure this last paragraph already made YOU throw up.

No comments: