Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Stupid Slow News Days...(grumble)




Cicero was shocked! appalled! horrified!..well, ok, Cicero was actually mostly apathetic but maybe a little titillated with respect to the news that Miss USA might lose her Crown because she had let loose with all sorts of debaucherous behaviour. He was equally apathetic at news of her reprieve by the Donald but not at all titillated. The Donald is fundamentally creepy.

I believe I speak for many of us when I articulate my actual response to this story: Beauty Pageants still exist? Oh. How... quaint. Since this is the first time we've paid attention to one since, oh, the Vanessa Williams scandal of 1984, do you think maybe Miss USA is on to something here?

Hmm...I wonder what else is on TV.
(Cicero changes channel)
Oooh...Real World Denver starts tonight "with Sex . More Sex. And Drama." Ya don't say.

1 comment:

Andrea Bruce said...

I know I care more bout the scandal than CIP but whateva~!

Okay, I seem to have a weird love/hate relationship with the Miss USA/Miss Teen USA/Miss Universe Scholarship Program.

Personally, I feel she should loose her crown. Pointe finale (Thats French people).

Why? Because she kissed a girl? No. Hell, I think it would be quite liberating to have a lesbian crowned. With the way society is these days, making out with a girl is called "Thursday night at the bar" or "moderately attractive girls desperate to get laid".

Why then? Two reasons (which really boil down to two illegal acts):

1 - She stuffed a bunch of candy up her 6000$ nose that Dr. X spent 4 loving hours sculpting. Seems people forget this when they say "Awww, she kissed a girl? Thats no reason to dethrone her." Coke people...where the heck should we draw the line if not coke? (Hahaha...line...of coke...cough)

2 - Her and Miss Teen USA were seen drinking, doing drugs and bringing a bunch of men home with them. Miss Teen USA is under 18. In the states isn't it illegal to drink and screw if you are under 18? I think so. Glad I don't live in the states.

She tested positive to cocaine and brought and influenced a minor to engage in numerous illegal activities. If that's not a good reason to dethrone the blond Kentuckian, what is?

Fuck it, let her keep the crown. It would go nice with an orange jump suit or she can let Mary Kate borrow it for "draw your feelings" night at Cirque Lodge.